My friend “Bill” had what he called a basketball team: a harem of 5 women available at his beck and call. Bill was a bit of a womanizer. I think "Bill" also had a couple of benchwarmers. Bill was also kind of a dog.
You should have a basketball team, too.
Not the 2:30 am booty call kind. C’mon, I give you WAY more credit than that.
You need these 5 people to push you toward living a life you love. Here’s your starting line-up:
- Point Guard: Your point guard DOES NOT get caught down in the weeds with you. Instead, they’re great at seeing the big picture and visualizing the future. They help you keep your “eye on the prize”.
- Shooting Guard: Quick on the trigger, your shooting guard hates your indecision. They push you to keep moving forward by taking shots and course-correcting when necessary.
- Small Forward: This little powerhouse is your biggest supporter. The “man’s best friend” of basketball, the small forward is always by your side and committed to your cause.
- Power Forward: The power forward’s motto: “Do what you say you are going to do.” They make you accountable and what let you forget your goals. They’re constantly checking your progress and measure your success by the moves you make.
- Center: Your center does just that: keeps you centered. When the shit is hitting the fan, they’re there with you right in the thick of it, reminding you why you’re there in the first place.
Who are these people and where do you find them? They could be anyone: the girl you see next to you on the treadmill, your boss, your mom, your man, your favorite lifestyle coach (had to!), a writer you totally dig.
It doesn’t need to be any one you know and you don’t even ever have to tell them they’re playing for you.
Who’s on your team? Tell me in the comments.