The last four weeks, I’ve been talking about brain health. I think this topic is hugely important AND interesting and I hope you do, too. In case you’ve missed out over the last couple weeks (or if you’re type A like me and just want everything in one neat place), here’s what you can do NOW to keep your mind young and spry.
- Eat your Vitamins: Eat foods rich in Vitamin E, folate, B6, and B12
- Focus on Metals: Ensure you’re in the metals sweet-spot by limiting excess iron, copper, and aluminum
- Ditch Bad Fats: Steer clear of hydrogenated oils and trans fats
- Hit the Hay: Get 6-8 hours of sleep EVERY night
- Get Moving: Get 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days a week.
And, since you’ve paying such good attention to your brain and keeping it healthy, here’s one last FUN tip to protect your mental capacities.
Studies suggest that anthocyanins, the dark pigments in grapes and some berries, have protective effects. You can get your fill of anthocyanins from modest amounts of red wine or from grape or blueberry juice. Cheers!