It's my absolute favorite time of year. It's HOT (I LOVE the heat!) and everyone is zipping around on weekends - especially me.
My hubby and I are traveling throughout most of July - upstate New York, Atlanta (any recommendations for things to do?), and Nashville - and I'm hoping to be firmly planted on the beach through much of August.
As much as I love weekend getaways, they used to kind of stress me out... weekends are the time when I tend to get all my "house" stuff done and run errands and generally make sure my weeks are seamless. So, what's a girl to do when her weekend is spent galavanting around? (tough life I know)
Well, I've got a system down now and it makes transitioning back to real life seriously easy, breezy. You like easy, right?
Here's what I do:
- Do a quick house cleaning (including your fridge)
- Wash, dry, and put away 1 load of "can't live without" laundry
- Outsource, outsource, outsource - What can you have delivered or done for you? This week I had my groceries delivered (no extra charge!), I'll be scheduling a house cleaning in July, and might even look into a laundry service.
- NADA! Enjoy your time away. You've earned it!
- Before you do anything else, when you get home, invest in at least 30 minutes of exercise. I love yoga after a long flight or car ride, but a walk or run will work too. Note: don't bother with hitting the gym unless you've got lots of time! Search youtube for workout ideas if needed!
- Eat a big salad with dark leafy greens for dinner and drink LOTS of water (at least 60 ounces)
- Spend 1 hour max prepping for your work week - make a healthy lunch for Monday, food prep, fill out your weekly planner...
- Get to bed extra early, so you can wake up refreshed
As you can tell, I do most of my "work" when I get back on Sunday night, but you can easily squeeze some of that stuff in beforehand, too.
So, where you off to????